DIR – FRIENDS (ages 3-12)
- DIR = Developmental, Individual-difference, Relationship-based
- FRIENDS = Friends Relating, Interacting, Engaging, Negotiating and Developing Social Skills
- Students grouped by age, gender (for ages 6-8 and 9-12) and developmental level
- The 6-8 and 9-12 year old groups meet once per week. The 3-5 year old groups meet twice per week.
DIR- FRIENDS groups are based on Greenspan’s DIR/Floortime model to address a wide variety of developmental delays including, but not limited to:
- Speech / Language delays
- Sensory Integration difficulties
- Global / Pervasive Developmental Delays
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Aspergers and PDD-NOS)
- Cognitive Impairments
- ADHD and attention difficulties
- Emotional disorders
- Behavioral difficulties
- Social and Relationship problems
Read more about DIR-Floortime and EnCourage Institute’s DIRect Connections developmental therapy.