Kelly Rimbey, MS CCC-SLP has joined the staff at EnCourage Institute. She has 20 years experience working with a wide variety of populations, from preschool aged kids to the elderly. She involves the family in therapy and carryover skills. Kelly strives to have effective communication with her clients and their families. At EnCourage, Kelly will be providing individualized speech therapy services.
Neurofeedback: What is it and how will it help my child?
Come join Dr. Linda Haveman at EnCourage Institute for a free information session to find out how you can enhance your child’s current therapy (such as Educational Therapy, ABA, DIR, PLAY Project, tutoring, and study skills) with Neurofeedback.
Neurofeedback has been found to help treat symptoms of those with ADHD, Autism, Asperger’s, Anxiety, Sensory, post-traumatic stress disorder and more. Additionally, it can help optimize the functioning of the brain for those with learning disabilities.
Limited summer slots available in Grandville and Grand Rapids, so call today (616-530-2224) to register for the free information meeting and express your interest in summer slots.
When: Tuesday, May 24, 7-8pm
Where: 3260 Eagle Park Dr. NE, Grand Rapids Office
Our summer programs begin June 20 and go through August 26. We are offering 4, 6, and 10 week summer clinics in addition to our year-round services: Educational Therapy, tutoring, Cogmed, Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy, Developmental Therapy, FRIENDS therapy groups and PLAY Project. New this summer are Psychotherapy and Neurofeedback services. For more information or to register, call (616) 530-2224.
- Session I (6 weeks): June 20 to July 29
- Session II (4 weeks): August 1 to August 26
Clinics have a maximum teacher-student ratio of 1:4, and students are grouped according to age and specific learning goals.
- Reading – focused on decoding and comprehension
- Writing – focused on composition of different types of texts, spelling and grammar/mechanics
- Math – focused on (re)building concepts and skills
Summer Intensive Reading Clinic
Sessions I and II (10 weeks): June 20 – August 26
Our intensive reading clinic is for students going into grades 2-5 with severe reading difficulties. A pre- and post-clinic reading evaluation is included.
Educational Therapy is available throughout the summer. Educational Therapy is not tutoring – it is intensive, individualized educational interventions for children and adults with learning challenges. For more information about Educational Therapy, click here.
Summer is a great time for your child to do Cogmed Working Memory Training. Many families find it easier to fit the training into their schedules in the summer, when they don’t have homework or other school responsibilities. For more information about Cogmed, click here.
Therapy for Children with Autism, Asperger’s or Developmental Delays
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy, DIRect Connections Developmental Therapy, DIR-FRIENDS groups and PLAY Project® will continue to be offered throughout the summer. Click on any of the services above for more information.
Tutoring is available for any student, with or without a diagnosed disability, and it may be in an individual or small group setting. Tutoring is ideal for:
- 1-on-1 support for summer school classes
- keeping up skills over the summer
- jump-starting skills for fall (Session II)
Click here for more information about tutoring.
Linda Haveman, Ph.D., LPC has joined the staff at EnCourage Institute. She is a professional licensed counselor and neurofeedback provider. She has a Masters in Education, with a specialization in early childhood, Masters in Counseling, MBA, and PhD in Family and Child Ecology (family & child development). Dr. Haveman has worked in K-12 and higher education for the past 16 years. Specifically she has worked with children, youth, and adults with learning disabilities, ADHD, panic, anxiety, depression, PTSD, career guidance, and other family issues.
At EnCourage, Dr. Haveman will be providing individual and family psychotherapy services and psychotherapy with neurofeedback. For more information, click one of the links below:
We have recently reset our online presence, so we hope this site becomes a useful tool for you and your family & friends. Please do not hesitate to contact us as we all seek to EnCourage one another!
Summer Session 1 – June 15 to July 24 (6 weeks)
Summer Session 2 – July 27 to August 21 (4 weeks)
We have a wide variety of summer options for students to participate in either short term or summer-long interventions.
- Intensive Reading Clinic (for students going into grades 2-5 with severe reading difficulties)
- Reading & Writing Clinics (for K-12 students experiencing difficulties in reading, writing, or language arts)
- Math Clinic (for 1st-8th grade students)
- Educational Therapy (one-on-one educational therapy for K-12 students experiencing significant learning struggles)
- Tutoring (support for summer school classes, keep up skills over the summer, or jumpstart skills for fall)
- ACT Preparation (for students taking the ACT on September 13)
- Cogmed Working Memory Training
- Autism Interventions: I-ChAT, DIR-FRIENDS social groups, private interventions