EnCourage Institute is looking for an intervention specialist/educational therapist and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
The positions, required qualifications and application procedures are described in the documents below.
Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2018 and continue until the positions are filled.
EnCourage BCBA 2019 Job Posting
EnCourage Intervention Specialist 2018 Job Posting
Our summer programs begin June 10 and go through August 16. We are offering 5 and 10 week summer clinics in addition to our year-round services: Educational Therapy, tutoring, Cogmed, Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy, Developmental Therapy, FRIENDS therapy groups and PLAY Project. For more information or to register, call (616) 530-2224.
- Session I (5 weeks): June 10 to July 12
- Session II (5 weeks): July 15 to August 16
Note: Students may register for one or both sessions
Clinics have a maximum teacher-student ratio of 1:4, and students are grouped according to age and specific learning goals.
- Reading – This clinic is focused on decoding and comprehension. It is a good way for new clients to get a jump start with interventions continuing in the fall.
- Writing – This clinic is focused on composition of different types of texts, spelling and grammar/mechanics.
- Math – This clinic is focused on (re)building concepts and skills.
Educational Therapy is available throughout the summer. Educational Therapy is not tutoring – it is intensive, individualized educational interventions for children and adults with learning challenges. For more information about Educational Therapy, click here.
Summer is a great time for your child to do Cogmed Working Memory Training. Many families find it easier to fit the training into their schedules in the summer, when they don’t have homework or other school responsibilities. For more information about Cogmed, click here.
Therapy for Children with Autism, Asperger’s or Developmental Delays
Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy, DIRect Connections Developmental Therapy, DIR-FRIENDS groups and PLAY Project® will continue to be offered throughout the summer. Click on any of the services above for more information.
Tutoring is available for any student, with or without a diagnosed disability, and it may be in an individual or small group setting. Tutoring is ideal for:
- 1-on-1 support for summer school classes
- keeping up skills over the summer
- jump-starting skills for fall (Session II)
Click here for more information about tutoring.
We welcome returning and new clients and are excited about all of the great work ahead of us.
We still have some openings for Educational Therapy, Developmental Therapy, ABA Therapy, and Tutoring. Call Becky at our office to set up an intake appointment, or contact us for more information.
We have recently reset our online presence, so we hope this site becomes a useful tool for you and your family & friends. Please do not hesitate to contact us as we all seek to EnCourage one another!
Summer Session 1 – June 15 to July 24 (6 weeks)
Summer Session 2 – July 27 to August 21 (4 weeks)
We have a wide variety of summer options for students to participate in either short term or summer-long interventions.
- Intensive Reading Clinic (for students going into grades 2-5 with severe reading difficulties)
- Reading & Writing Clinics (for K-12 students experiencing difficulties in reading, writing, or language arts)
- Math Clinic (for 1st-8th grade students)
- Educational Therapy (one-on-one educational therapy for K-12 students experiencing significant learning struggles)
- Tutoring (support for summer school classes, keep up skills over the summer, or jumpstart skills for fall)
- ACT Preparation (for students taking the ACT on September 13)
- Cogmed Working Memory Training
- Autism Interventions: I-ChAT, DIR-FRIENDS social groups, private interventions
For more information or to register, contact our office at (616) 530-2224.